TUFF COATS EP-101 PAINTS is the two component system, designed to krosslink at room temperature as well as low temp baking. Medium molecular weight Epoxy Resin is used in base component, contain average two epoxy groups per molecule which reacts with hardeners EP-101, the same are converted into a hard, infusible, three dimensional cross linked irreversible Thermoset film at an ambient or elevated temperature.
EP-101 Epoxy Topcoat having outstanding chemicals resistance with high gloss and excellent hardness. It gives nice decorative appeal. Product gives adhesion to many type of substrates, excellent flexibility & abrasion resistance
THE RANGE OF APPLICATION:
The system recommended for application on suitably primed steel structure exposed to chemical and industrial environment in refineries, petrochemicals, paper and pulp plants, food and pharmaceutical units, and fertilizer industries. This product can be applied on floor for protection from saline and chemicals. This product is recommended for use in sea weather (Coastal Areas). The coating is useful as a top-coat on Electrical Control Panels and Machinery, which are installed in chemically affected environment.
KEY PROPERTIES OF SYSTEM:
1. The ability to be cured rapidly or slowly over wide range of temperature. Cold curing and baking both are possible.
2. Low shrinkage during cure.
3. Excellent adhesion to many different substrates.
4. High level of mechanical strength, which is retained at, elevated temperatures.
5. Outstanding toughness and good flexibility.
6. Excellent solvent, Acid and Alkali resistance. Excellent water and alcohol resistance, salty water resistance. (Not recommended for immersion)
7. Unaffected by Oil and Grease, detergents. Good electrical properties
Introduction - Tuff Coats Epoxy paint is based on Non-yellowing fatty acid modified Epoxy-Amino thermosetting high temperature baking systems. This system finds very important place in industrial applications for refrigerators, water filters, kitchen applications, washing machines, drum linings & decorative finishes, requiring very high resistant to water, detergents, mild acids & alkalis, chemicals & solvents. It is suitably modified with the combination of resins and additives to impart good flexibility, abrasion resistance, colour retention & improved adhesion.
Key Properties of the Systems
1. Excellent corrosion resistance.
2. Unaffected by vegetable Oil, Grease, Aliphatic Solvents.
3. Excellent adhesion on mild steels & aluminum.
4. Good resistant to water, alcohol, Ketonic solvents & chemicals (Direct Immersion is not advisable.)
5. Excellent weather resistance.
6. Good Mechanical Strength & abrasion resistance.
7. Excellent flexibility & Hardness.
8. Increased Cross-linking at high temperature (140-150°C) of modified Epoxy - Amino systems gives better adhesion, toughness & durability which reduces water permeability of paint film.
9. System withstands up to 100-120° C.